With only 2 ingredients, this is definitely one of our go-tos for a super quick meal or snack. We also love to bring this bean dip with us when we go hiking for a satisfying, slightly salty pick-me-up on the trails.
Doesn’t get much simpler than this: Open up a can of beans (or use ones you have cooked), add olives and their juices to taste, and blend it all up. Serve with whatever vegetables, crackers, or dip-able things you have on hand! Or, always feel free to just eat it with a spoon because why not??
Olive-y Bean DipCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
It only takes 2 ingredients to whip up this flavorful and filling bean dip as a quick snack or addition to any meal.
1 can black beans (15-oz.) or 1.5 cups cooked beans
Olives with their juices, to taste
Lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, spices (like smoked paprika)
- If using canned beans, drain and rinse. Add beans to a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Add olives and their juices. We use about 6 large garlic jalapeño olives with a little juice. Depending on what type of olives you use and your taste preferences, add more or less. The olive juice boosts the flavor and helps blend up the dip. **Important note about the olives: canned olives are often lacking in flavor – I highly recommend using the more flavorful olives in glass jars, or even from an olive bar if you’re feeling extra fancy.
- Blend until desired consistency is reached, scraping down the sides of the food processor/blender as needed.
- Scoop into a bowl and serve with whatever vehicle you prefer to use when transporting bean dip to your mouth. This dip can also be stored in the refrigerator for a few days, although the consistency may become thicker.
- Make this recipe your own by adding favorite ingredients, like lemon juice to make it zesty: https://alegumeaday.com/zesty-olive-bean-dip/
Craving more bean dip? Check out this artichoke dip that also doubles as a spread for sandwiches or toast!