I love how versatile chickpeas are. I also love that I can make this chickpea salad in about 2 seconds (admittedly more like a few minutes, but still). This is a flexible recipe, so play around with amounts and use ingredients you have on hand.
Mediterranean-ish Chickpea SaladCourse: Meals, SaladsDifficulty: Easy
This quick and tasty chickpea salad makes a great side or main dish, and it’s ideal for bringing on picnics.
1 can (15-oz.) chickpeas, or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas
Sun-dried tomatoes, preferably oil-packed
Marinated artichoke hearts, preferably in oil
Freshly ground black pepper
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Then add to a mixing bowl.
- This recipe is really about making things to your taste, so for all the add-ins, use an amount that suits all your flavor dreams. Also, cut them into sizes you like – big chunks of sun-dried tomatoes may be your jam, or you may prefer small pieces so every bite has a little sun-dried tomato. Go for it!
- Prep other ingredients (chop, dice, etc.), then add them to the bowl with the chickpeas. After mixing everything together, taste and decide if you want to add more of anything.
- Serve, or store in the refrigerator to let flavors combine and enjoy later.
- These are just suggestions of ingredients. Get creative – leave some out, add in different ones, substitute Kalamata olives for the capers… whatever your chickpea-salad loving heart desires!
- This is a good recipe to double (or triple) and refrigerate to have some leftovers.
I hope you have fun playing with this recipe outline and enjoy the final product, and I would love to hear what extra ingredients you decide to add!
Looking for other chickpea recipes? Check out this Crabby Chickpea Salad or Buffalo Chickpea Dip!
This looks yummy and easy to make! It has lots of my favorite ingredients that I wouldn’t have thought to put together. I’m looking forward to trying it!
Thank you! Let me know what you think after trying!