I love how versatile chickpeas are. I also love that I can make this chickpea salad in about 2 seconds (admittedly more like a few minutes, but still). This is a flexible recipe, so play around with amounts and use ingredients you have on hand.
Mediterranean-ish Chickpea SaladCourse: Meals, SaladsDifficulty: Easy
This quick and tasty chickpea salad makes a great side or main dish, and it’s ideal for bringing on picnics.
1 can (15-oz.) chickpeas, or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas
Sun-dried tomatoes, preferably oil-packed
Marinated artichoke hearts, preferably in oil
Freshly ground black pepper
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Then add to a mixing bowl.
- This recipe is really about making things to your taste, so for all the add-ins, use an amount that suits all your flavor dreams. Also, cut them into sizes you like – big chunks of sun-dried tomatoes may be your jam, or you may prefer small pieces so every bite has a little sun-dried tomato. Go for it!
- Prep other ingredients (chop, dice, etc.), then add them to the bowl with the chickpeas. After mixing everything together, taste and decide if you want to add more of anything.
- Serve, or store in the refrigerator to let flavors combine and enjoy later.
- These are just suggestions of ingredients. Get creative – leave some out, add in different ones, substitute Kalamata olives for the capers… whatever your chickpea-salad loving heart desires!
- This is a good recipe to double (or triple) and refrigerate to have some leftovers.
I hope you have fun playing with this recipe outline and enjoy the final product, and I would love to hear what extra ingredients you decide to add!
Looking for other chickpea recipes? Check out this savory chickpea waffle!