Stop! WAIT!! Before you continue, this is the answer key to ‘Name that Heirloom Bean!’ which is also known as ‘The Most Fun Game Ever.’ If you haven’t tried it yet, go to that post first. And (virtually) bring along all your friends.
Now I’ll create some space for you with these lovely images below to 1.) intrigue you and 2.) help prevent you from accidentally seeing the answers. Scroll down when you are ready, making sure to first take a few deep breaths to calm yourself from all the excitement this heirloom bean game entails.
Answers to Challenge 2 of Name that Heirloom Bean
Answers to Challenges 1 and 3 – Heirloom Bean (and Pulse) Names
- European soldier bean
- Jacob’s cattle bean, also known as trout bean
- Calypso bean
- Pinto bean
- Orca bean (some people will say calypso and orca are the same thing, others say they are different)
- French green lentil
- Anasazi bean
- Scarlet runner bean
- Black lentil, or beluga lentil
- Garbanzo bean, or chickpea
- Rattlesnake bean
- Cranberry bean, also known as borlotti bean
- Christmas lima bean
- Red lentil (I know, I think they should be called orange lentils, too)
- Yellow eye bean
- Green split pea
- Snowcap bean
I hope you enjoyed! And I mean, how could you not, right?
Now, time to go enjoy heirloom beans in the kitchen! Check out some recipe ideas here.