Nothing hits the spot quite like soup on cold winter days. I love tomato soup, either by itself or to accompany one of its ideal companions – grilled cheese. If I want a filling tomato soup on the table in about 5 minutes, this tofu soup is my go-to!
5-ish Minute Creamy Tomato Tofu SoupCourse: MealsDifficulty: Easy
This tofu soup is ready in a few minutes, is filling and healthy, and is creamy yet dairy-free – the creaminess comes from the tofu!
1 block of tofu (16-oz.), drained
1 can of tomatoes (15-oz.)
Use whatever you have on hand – diced, pureed, whole, etc. You could also spice this up by using fire roasted tomatoes.
1 Tbs soy sauce
You can season with salt instead if you prefer, though likely less than 1 Tbs!
A few Tbs of sun-dried tomatoes (optional, but definitely ups the tomato flavor)
1-2 Tbs hot sauce, to taste (optional)
Fresh cracked black pepper, to serve (optional)
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, add all ingredients and puree. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Heat pureed soup on the stovetop or in the microwave. It can sometimes splatter, so you may need to cover the pot with a lid (or a microwave-safe plate or plastic wrap, if using the microwave). Stir the soup occasionally while heating to prevent any sticking/burning to the bottom of the pot.
- And…that’s it! Go ahead and serve.
- Serve and top with fresh cracked black pepper, if using. Creativity in the kitchen is what makes cooking fun – consider spicing this up by topping with chives, green onions, nutritional yeast, cheese, or whatever makes your taste buds happy!
- You can change the ratio of tomatoes to tofu by adding more canned tomatoes for a less thick, more tomato-y soup.
- Try this soup with a nice batch of savory chickpea waffles!
Want to eat tofu with a completely different texture? Try these tofu waffles.