Nothing hits the spot quite like soup on cold winter days. I love tomato soup, either by itself or to accompany one of its ideal companions – grilled cheese. If I want a filling tomato soup on the table in about 5 minutes, this tofu soup is my go-to!
You’ll notice I list a lot of the ingredients as optional – try adding your favorite ingredients and play around with ratios, tasting as you go. That’s part of the fun!
5-ish Minute Creamy Tomato Tofu SoupCourse: MealsDifficulty: Easy
This tofu soup is ready in a few minutes, is filling and healthy, and is creamy yet dairy-free – the creaminess comes from the tofu!
1 block of tofu (16-oz.), drained
1 can of tomatoes (15-oz.)
Use whatever you have on hand – diced, pureed, whole, etc. You could also spice this up by using fire roasted tomatoes.
1 Tbs soy sauce, or to taste
A few Tbs of sun-dried tomatoes in oil, to taste
A splash of balsamic vinegar, to taste (optional)
1-2 Tbs hot sauce, to taste (optional)
Sprinkle of nutritional yeast, to taste (optional)
Fresh cracked black pepper, to serve (optional)
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, add all ingredients and puree. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed. Now is your chance to play around with ratios and have some fun!
- Heat pureed soup on the stovetop or in the microwave. It can sometimes splatter, so you may need to cover the pot with a lid (or a microwave-safe plate or plastic wrap, if using the microwave). Stir the soup occasionally while heating to prevent any sticking/burning to the bottom of the pot.
- And…that’s it! Go ahead and serve.
- Serve and top with fresh cracked black pepper, if using. Creativity in the kitchen is what makes cooking fun – consider spicing this up by topping with chives, green onions, nutritional yeast, cheese, or whatever makes your taste buds happy!
- You can change the ratio of tomatoes to tofu by adding more canned tomatoes for a less thick, more tomato-y soup.
- Try this soup with a nice batch of savory chickpea waffles!
Want to eat tofu with a completely different texture? Try these tofu waffles.
Looking forward to trying this! Sounds and looks YUMMY!
Hope you like it! Good for a cold, rainy (or snowy) day.
We made this soup today. It was SO good and very easy to make!!
Always good to hear!! Hope you can enjoy it more this soup season!