You know that fill-in-the-blank? The one that goes, “You know you are cool when _________.” Well, let me tell you, I know I am cool because as part of my PhD project focusing on bean outreach, I created a bean calendar! Yes, 2022 Bean Appetit calendar is now a reality. What can I say, dreams do come true. And, I want to share one with you as a thank you for all your support and enthusiasm about BEANS!
All the recipes and other photos I took for the calendar either have already been posted here (like this Herby Bean Toast) or will go up on A Legume a Day in the near future, of course. With so much digital content being created these days, it is nice to have something physical I can hold in my hands and share with people, though! I also made recipe pages on Food Smart Colorado, which has nutrition, food safety, and health resources from Colorado State University Extension (although the pages do not have the introduction, ending, and some of the “witty” bits I include here). There are great resources on Food Smart Colorado, if you want to browse around!
Have you ever created a calendar with recipes, photography, design, project management, etc.? If not, I think my recommendation would be… don’t. Suffice to say, I have new respect for people who make calendars! But, to be fair… I suppose it was totally worth it. Especially because how many people can finish that sentence (“You know you are cool when _________.”) with “you create a bean calendar to share with the world.” Not many, I imagine. In fact, perhaps just a sample size of, well, me. That being said, if you know someone who has created a bean calendar PLEASE help us connect!
Bean Calendar Giveaway
This long-winded intro really just to say – drumroll – I am doing a GIVEAWAY!! Or have already done a giveaway, depending on when you are seeing this, sorry! If you write in the comments on this post – either here, on Instagram, or on Facebook – you will be entered in a drawing.
Here are the details:
- Follow me on social media (@alegumeaday) and/or subscribe to my newsletter (see the subscription box on the sidebar or bottom of the page) if you aren’t a social media person.
- Comment on the calendar giveaway social media post or this website post with two things:
- Tag a friend(s) (or send them this page and have them also comment) – 1 entry per friend, but please only 1 tag per comment (as in, if you tag 3 friends, 3 separate comments, please)
- Share a favorite bean-y memory from 2021 OR a bean-y moment you are looking forward to in 2022. Or go ahead and share both if so inclined, you overachiever, you. I always welcome conversation about beans!
- Do the above by NOVEMBER 28, 2021 11:59 PM MST. Then give me a few days to reach out to the winner to get your address and send you a bean calendar!
Why only 1 winner, you ask? I’m a PhD student. Contrary to popular belief, we are not rolling in money (yes, sarcasm), and I’m paying for shipping. But I want to share the joy of a bean calendar with fellow bean lovers! Also, my website will turn 1-year old soon, and this seems like the best way to celebrate. Thank you for your support! *imagine a heart-shaped emoji made from beans*
Reading this after the fact? I still appreciate you and would love for you to comment so we can connect about beans!